Finnish Translation Services
Translate your content into Finnish with qualified, native speakers, with industry specific knowledge.
Finnish has 5.4 million native speakers worldwide, and is recognised as a minority language in Sweden, Norway and Karelia (Russia).
We handle various types of content including:
Translations are returned to you in the same format as your original source material and include any necessary cultural adaptations for the target market.
What to consider with Finnish translations
- A translation into Finnish will typically expand approximately 20% when translated from English, so don’t be worried if you will often find that you final Finnish translation is longer than your original English source text.
- There are two main varieties of Finnish – ‘standard language’ (yleiskieli) and ‘spoken language’ (puhekieli), so it’s important to know which one to use, in which situations.
The longest compound Finnish word consists of 61 letters: “Lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas”, and means “airplane jet turbine engine auxiliary mechanic non-commissioned officer student”
Why choose us?
Don’t just take our word for it, hundreds of global brands trust us with their multilingual content and messaging.
When Icelandair needed fun and engaging marketing content to be translated into several languages, including Finnish, we helped them to ensure they could reach their global customer base.
- We operate a 24/7 team to support your and your offices around the globe
- Your confidential data is not compromised or passed on to other parties at any stage of the translation process
- We only use professional, qualified linguists to ensure accuracy at all times