As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have 3 years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words. Start the application process and our team will be in touch if you meet our requirements.
Apply to be a translator
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
We’re also recruiting interpreters for our remote service, LiveLINK. Where you can provide video and telephone interpreting from the comfort of your home.
Apply to be a face to face interpreter
Apply to be a remote interpreter (LiveLINK)
Service Delivery Coordinator – Out of Hours
Our Service Delivery Coordinator position is based within our Public Services Division which provides interpreting and related services outside of normal office hours, to public sector and private sector clients between the hours of 8pm and 8am Monday to Sunday. Due to the working hours of the role, the position is home-based. The Service Delivery Coordinators support the service by providing a ‘one stop shop’ for all customer and supplier queries: handling inbound calls and emails in respect of interpreter bookings, matching interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, keeping our customers and suppliers updated and informed and by handling any issues that arise during the assignment process. The Interpreting department provides the service using a panel of approved, experienced linguists and Agencies, ensuring Interpreting appointments are effectively managed in-house. Capita TI covers a range of services, Face-to-Face, Telephone and British Sign Language Interpreting.
- Handle incoming calls and emails from customers and suppliers
- Allocate appropriately tiered interpreters to assignments in line with customer service level agreements.
- Ensuring that interpreter costs are commercially viable for all projects.
- Ensure that accurate updates are made to the system to enable a thorough audit trail to be completed for all assignments.
- Effectively communicate to suppliers to ensure they are briefed and ready to deliver services at their assignments.
- Provide thorough updates to customers regarding the status of their interpreter booking
- Deliver excellent assigning solutions that meet the quality objectives of the department at all times
- Work with the rest of the operational support teams to ensure the efficiency of our service
- Escalate any issues to a Senior Team Member where appropriate and in a prompt manner
- Meet or exceed role objectives at all times
- To be willing and flexible to support other functional areas of the department as needed
- Ensure that the service you deliver is in line with Service Delivery Coordinator Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure that departmental processes and procedures are adhered to
- Role holders with foreign language/interpreting qualifications and experience will be required to provide remote interpreting services as part of their working shift
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and an ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels
Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
Highly responsive to call centre requirements and to customer needs
Good time management skills
Ability to multi-task
Ability to assess workload, prioritise and organise self
Self-motivated, enthusiastic and possessing a high standard of personal performance
Good administrative skills
Has a proactive approach to customer service
Experience of undertaking administration work accurately – Essential
Customer Service Experience – Essential
Knowledge of Data Protection Principles – Essential
Experience handling sensitive information – Essential
Experience in complaint handling – Essential
Native or fluent speaker of a foreign language – Desirable
Interpreting Qualification or Language Related Degree / Diploma – Desirable
Public Service Interpreting Experience – Desirable
Experience in a similar role – Desirable
Experience of working with Interpreters – Desirable
Experience of managing suppliers – Desirable
Because of the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
The contracted hours are 40 hours per week, with 3 consecutive rest days. Typical hours include:
- 20:00 to 06:30
- 21:30 to 08:00
- 18:00 to 04:30
Sucessful candidates will be required to come to the office during their first 2-3 weeks of employment during normal office hours for training.
Apply for this role
Please send your cover letter and CV to Mark.Pugh@capita.co.uk
Internships and work experience for students
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work experience placements available within a variety of departments throughout the year. Placements range from a minimum of 3 months up to a maximum of 6 months, and are ideal for language or business students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please note none of our placements will include translation or interpreting tasks, they are all business support roles.
We offer placements in the following departments:
- Commercial Account Management
- Project Management
- You are only eligible to apply for a placement with us if it is required of you as part of your studies/course.
- All placements are unpaid.
- Students must be at least 16 to work with us.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office. We do not offer placements in our London office.
- We are only able to schedule placements up to 6 months in advance, so please do not contact us before this time.
For more information, or to apply for an internship, click the below button.
Apply for an internship
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form