As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have 3 years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words. Start the application process and our team will be in touch if you meet our requirements.
Apply to be a translator
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
We’re also recruiting interpreters for our remote service, LiveLINK. Where you can provide video and telephone interpreting from the comfort of your home.
Apply to be a face to face interpreter
Apply to be a remote interpreter (LiveLINK)
Inside Sales Executive
Exciting opportunity to join the successful Inside Sales team as part of Commercial Sales and contribute the growth of the business through 2019 and beyond.
As part of our Inside Sales team, you will support the Business Development Managers by identifying and qualifying localisation business opportunities across a range of exciting industries.
As part of a truly global business, you will be guided through a full development programme, not only to progress and refine your sales skills, but through hands on experience with other key operational departments that play a fundamental role in making a business like ours a success. Through your development and experience we will help you become a fully rounded localisation sales professional with invaluable transferrable skills and opportunity for progression into full Business Development role and beyond.
- Act as primary contact to a selection of long standing customers, supporting them with their localisation requirements.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and, primarily, outbound cold calls/emails.
- Learn and develop industry knowledge
- Learn and develop Capita Translation & Interpreting structures and process through extended development programme, spending time with key divisions throughout the business
- Communicate and liaise with Business Development Team to shape effective outbound sales activity
- Research prospects, identify key decision makers and generate interest
- Execute targeted calling campaigns to fall in line with the present market focus of the business
- Maintain and expand prospect database to generate pipeline
- Strong telephone presence and excellent written/spoken communication skills
- Experience with high volume, outbound calling
- Proficient in corporate productivity tools (Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce or similar CRM)
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- This role requires a professional outlook and an ability to build a good rapport with people. Cooperation and flexibility to match the demands of the business is essential.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Full induction will be provided
- Laptop and phone will be provided
- Due to the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Hours of work: 38.25 hours per week. Due to the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Apply for Inside Sales
Please send your cover letter and CV to Thomas.Moran@capita.co.uk
This is an exciting opportunity for and experienced software developer who has an interest in the practical application of AI, machine translations and language technology in a commercial business environment. Reporting to the Development Manager, you will work closely with Software Developers, Solutions Architects and Engineers to help build software and solutions that will be used in a live business environment.
that complies with coding standards and technical design.
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Producing specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in Python language; must have extensive hands-on experience working and developing with Python and Django
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with Linux
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills required
- Some experience of Java would be useful
- Knowledge of version control practices and procedures desired
The following skills are not strictly necessary for the role but would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Azure
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with SMT or NMT machine translation technologies
- Experience with technologies such as Amazon Web Services (e.g. EC2), relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with tools and processes in a translation workflow such as, CAT tools, post-editing, and translation evaluation
- Knowledge of a language other than English
This role requires a professional outlook and an ability to build a good rapport with people. Cooperation and flexibility to match the demands of the business is essential.
Due to the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Apply for Software Developer
Please send your cover letter and CV to Mark.Unitt@capita.co.uk
Service Delivery Coordinator
We’re a global organisation specialising in the translation and interpreting marketplace. This multi-skilled role is primarily to handle the vast majority of inbound and outbound customer and supplier contacts and handle the cost-effective matching of customer interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, in a way that maximises resource utilisation and profitability. The role will involve liaison with interpreters linked to your allocated languages and you will be responsible for ensuring that any specific information relating to the assignment is identified and communicated.
Our Service Delivery Coordinator position is based within our Public Services Division which provides interpreting and related services to public sector and private sector clients between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday. The Service Delivery Coordinators support the service by providing a ‘one stop shop’ for all customer and supplier queries: handling inbound calls and emails in respect of interpreter bookings, matching interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, keeping our customers and suppliers updated and informed and by handling any issues that arise during the assignment process. The Interpreting department provides the service using a panel of approved, experienced linguists and agencies, ensuring interpreting appointments are effectively managed in-house.
- Handle incoming calls and emails from customers and suppliers.
- Allocate appropriately tiered interpreters to assignments in line with customer service level agreements.
- Ensuring that interpreter costs are commercially viable for all projects.
- Ensure that accurate updates are made to the system to enable a thorough audit trail to be completed for all assignments.
- Effectively communicate to suppliers to ensure they are briefed and ready to deliver services at their assignments.
- Provide thorough updates to customers regarding the status of their interpreter booking.
- Deliver excellent assigning solutions that meet the quality objectives of the department at all times.
- Work with the rest of the operational support teams to ensure the efficiency of our service.
- Escalate any issues to a Senior Team Member where appropriate and in a prompt manner.
- Meet or exceed role objectives at all times.
- To be willing and flexible to support other functional areas of the department as needed.
- Ensure that the service you deliver is in line with Service Delivery Coordinator Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that departmental processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and an ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly responsive to call centre requirements and to customer needs
- Good time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to assess workload, prioritise and organise self.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and possessing a high standard of personal performance.
- Good administrative skills
- Has a proactive approach to customer service
- Experience in undertaking administration work accurately – Essential
- Customer Service Experience – Essential
- Knowledge of Data Protection Principles – Essential
- Experience in handling sensitive information – Essential
- Experience in complaint handling – Essential
- Experience in a similar role – Desirable
- Experience in managing suppliers/working with interpreters – Desirable
Because of the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Apply for Service Delivery Coordinator
Please send your cover letter and CV to Mark.Pugh@capita.co.uk
Internships and work experience for students
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work experience placements available within a variety of departments throughout the year. Placements range from a minimum of 3 months up to a maximum of 6 months, and are ideal for language or business students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please note none of our placements will include translation or interpreting tasks, they are all business support roles.
We offer placements in the following departments:
- Commercial Account Management
- Project Management
- You are only eligible to apply for a placement with us if it is required of you as part of your studies/course.
- All placements are unpaid.
- Students must be at least 16 to work with us.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office. We do not offer placements in our London office.
- We are only able to schedule placements up to 6 months in advance, so please do not contact us before this time.
For more information, or to apply for an internship, click the below button.
Apply for an internship
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form