As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
Register as a freelance translator
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have three years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words.
Register as a translator
Register as a freelance interpreter
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
Register as an interpreter
We are currently recruiting for:
Please see below for the relevant job description:
Business Development Manager
This is an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre candidate to join an ambitious, driven and focused team working for a rapidly expanding company in the multi-billion dollar translation industry. The primary responsibility of this role will be to grow new business contacts within a given industry sector. The successful candidate will be target driven and will receive a salary and commission structure that reflects the responsibility of this role. The candidate will be expected to generate their own new leads, as well as respond to enquiries from potential new customers in their industry sector.
- Drive language service sales
- Map organisations to engage with key stakeholders, decision makers and influencers
- Develop and maintain pipelines for business expansion whilst delivering revenue growth
- With a focus on new business development, the candidate is expected to generate and qualify leads and respond to customer enquiries
- Be innovative in the approach to meet our clients’ needs and objectives
- Strive to work with clients looking for a partner in the localisation industry and develop this partnership from initial contact to contract finalisation
- Target driven, meeting KPI objectives in revenue and margin on a quarterly basis
- Work with project managers in our Service Delivery team and follow up with customers to assure satisfaction
- Work closely with Account Managers and Marketing in company initiatives to drive business development
- Using our customised software, develop a database for contacts, activities, and results
- Self-improvement through organised company training as well as proactive personal development conducted both in and outside of working hours
- Previous experience in a sales role with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Preferable experience in localisation
Email to contact if interested: email@example.com
We are recruiting for a File Engineer to work in our Delph office. The File Engineering Team acts as a file-processing and troubleshooting resource to Sales, Pre-Sales and Project Managers.
The role requires good technical skills and knowledge of the localisation process lifecycle, with the ability to communicate these to others. Problem solving is key, with an ability to evaluate client’s requests and offer suitable extraction and reintegration solutions to meet their needs.
This role would suit someone from a technical background looking to build a career within the localisation industry or a candidate with localisation/production engineering experience.
- Preparation and post processing of files for translation using industry-standard Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools, (Trados 2007, Studio 2011,2014 and 2015)
- Carry out quality checks of target language files before delivery
- Create and update translation memories and terminology databases
- Work with other departments to ensure that project methodology is understood;
- Provide training where required and technical support to other teams.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in localisation technology, engineering tools/utilities/applications and processes.
Essential technical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Working CAT tool knowledge
- Understanding of mark up languages such as HTML, XML, TMX, XLIFF etc
- Advanced Engineering – file preparation and post processing, plus file manipulation when required
- Knowledge and ability to use file and folder comparison tools
- Process-orientated, with ability to understand the purpose behind the process
- Ability to visualise alternative solutions to the norm where they are technically and commercially appropriate;
- An understanding of the localisation production process and factors that impact on efficiency and quality
- Ability to create and maintain version control of assets/deliverable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical, methodical, quality oriented, deadline driven with excellent problem solving skills;
- Motivated, flexible, self-starter, who can work on own initiative;
- Flexible and enjoys varied workload, research and learning new technologies;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Anticipate problems and be proactive in suggesting solutions.
Email to contact if interested: Alec.Maple@capita.co.uk
Service Delivery Coordinator
We are recruiting for a Service Delivery Coordinator to work in our Delph office. This multi-skilled role is primarily to handle the vast majority of inbound and outbound customer and supplier contacts and handle the cost effective matching of customer interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, in a way that maximises resource utilisation and profitability. The role will involve liaison with interpreters linked to your allocated languages and you will be responsible for ensuring that any specific information relating to the assignment is identified and communicated.
Our Service Delivery Coordinator position is based within our Public Services Division which provides interpreting and related services to public sector and private sector clients between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday. The Service Delivery Coordinators support the service by providing a ‘one stop shop’ for all customer and supplier queries: handling inbound calls and emails in respect of interpreter bookings, matching interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, keeping our customers and suppliers updated and informed and by handling any issues that arise during the assignment process.
- Handle incoming calls and emails from customers and suppliers
- Allocate appropriately tiered interpreters to assignments in line with customer service level agreements
- Ensuring that interpreter costs are commercially viable for all projects
- Ensure that accurate updates are made to the system to enable a thorough audit trail to be completed for all assignments
- Effectively communicate to suppliers to ensure they are briefed and ready to deliver services at their assignments
- Provide thorough updates to customers regarding the status of their interpreter booking
- Deliver excellent assigning solutions that meet the quality objectives of the department at all times
- Work with the rest of the operational support teams to ensure the efficiency of our service
- Escalate any issues to a Senior Team Member where appropriate and in a prompt manner
- Meet or exceed role objectives at all times
- To be willing and flexible to support other functional areas of the department as needed
- Ensure that the service you deliver is in line with Service Delivery Coordinator Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure that departmental processes and procedures are adhered to
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and an ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly responsive to call centre requirements and to customer needs
- Good time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to assess workload, prioritise and organise self
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and possessing a high standard of personal performance
- Good administrative skills
- Has a proactive approach to customer service
- Experience of undertaking administration work accurately – Essential
- Customer Service Experience – Essential
- Knowledge of Data Protection Principles – Essential
- Experience handling sensitive information – Essential
- Experience in complaint handling – Essential
- Experience of working with Interpreters – Desirable
- Experience of managing suppliers – Desirable
- Experience in a similar role – Desirable
There are 2 positions available for this role:
- 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday
- 20/25 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday
Email to contact if interested: Laurie.Boon@capita.co.uk
We are recruiting for a Project Manager to work in our Delph office. The key objective of the Project Manager is to successfully manage multiple clients’ translation projects end to end as part of the Translation Service Delivery Department, liaising with key stakeholders as necessary.
- Managing complex projects for corporate and public sector clients ensuring quality delivery on time and in budget
- Monitoring and measuring the progress of projects and accounts and preparing reports to effectively communicate the outcome
- Taking ownership of projects to drive the accounts forward and proactively streamline processes to increase efficiency
- Troubleshooting and analysing root cause in order to initiate improvements
- Liaising with suppliers, technical teams and other resources as necessary
- Negotiating with suppliers at both project and account level to achieve the best possible results for the business
- Organising and coordinating quality processes as required
- Working to KPIs and increasing gross and net profit
- Maintaining records as required and adhering to ISO procedure and requirements
- Ensuring customer requirements are met and best practice is advised and implemented
- Building relationships with clients and providing a high level of customer service
- Liaising with key stakeholders in Service Delivery, Development, Sales and Marketing and effectively managing expectations
- Liaising with the Sales department to win new business
- Producing quotes, arranging schedules and ensuring client is kept up to date on progress
- Representing the company in a professional manner to all internal and external stakeholders and clients as applicable
- Identifying risk and escalating as appropriate
- Other duties which may from time to time be required
Skills and experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance short-term need with strategic aims
- Ability to use initiative, proactivity and prioritisation
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and IT literate
- Good telephone manner
- Educated to Degree or HND level (preferably language-related)
- 2+ years previous experience in the same or a similar role, such as customer service or business management
Email to contact if interested: Amelie.Mailat@capita.co.uk
We are recruiting for a Vendor Coordinator to work in our Delph office. The successful applicant will work within the Vendor Management department and report to the Operations Manager to assist with the key Vendor Management tasks of sourcing linguists, ensuring linguist quality and reporting on aspects of team functions. The aim of the role is to provide the best quality linguists to all of our customers.
- Assisting with sourcing of new linguists for emergency and specialised requests
- Taking responsibility for all linguist requirements on Strategic and Key accounts
- Liaising with Quality Management department for assessment of new linguists
- Updating of linguist accounts
- Handling of incoming linguist registration requests and queries
- Taking responsibility for leading campaigns and initiatives driven by Vendor Management
- Reporting on key functions of the team
- Identifying areas for improvement regarding team efficiency and linguist quality
- Support any ad-hoc requests by the business as required
- Escalate any issues as appropriate
- Good communication skills – spoken and written
- A commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Good IT skills including MS office
- Degree level education
- Confident in a variety of subject fields
- Good industry knowledge
- Good time management skills, ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Understanding of File Types and translation processes associated with these
- Experience of data analysis and reporting
- Previous experience in the same role or a similar role
- Translation or project management experience
- Qualifications in a specific field relevant to translation
- Skills in a third language
Email to contact if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships and work experience
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work-experience placements available within a variety of departments. Whether you are interested in Project Management, Sales, Marketing, IT, Account Management, Interpreting Operations or File Engineering, we are able to put a number of students (over the age of 18) within our working environment. Placements range from 1 months up to 4 months, and are ideal for language students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please get in touch and we will try to place you in an appropriate team.
- All placements are unpaid
- Working hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office
- Placements within the Project Management team are for a minimum of 3 months
- Placements within the translation and interpreting departments are not available due to strict vetting procedures
If you are interested, please email email@example.com with your CV, specifying within which department you would like to be placed, and the dates you would be available.
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org