As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have 3 years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words. Start the application process and our team will be in touch if you meet our requirements.
Apply to be a translator
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
We’re also recruiting interpreters for our remote service, LiveLINK. Where you can provide video and telephone interpreting from the comfort of your home.
Apply to be a face to face interpreter
Apply to be a remote interpreter (LiveLINK)
Project Manager (Afternoon/Evening shift)
The key objective of the Project Manager is to successfully solutionise, set up and manage multiple clients’ translation projects end to end as part of the Translation Service Delivery Department, liaising with key stakeholders as necessary.
- Ensuring owned clients are guided and supported in finding the best approach for their translation requirements
- Managing complex projects for commercial and public sector clients ensuring quality delivery on time and in budget
- Taking ownership of projects at a customer level to drive the accounts forward and proactively streamline processes
- Troubleshooting and analysing root cause in order to initiate improvements
- Liaising professionally with external resources
- Organising and coordinating quality processes as required
- Working to KPIs and increasing gross and net profit
- Maintaining records as required and adhering to ISO procedure and requirements
- Building strong relationship with owned clients and providing a high level of customer service in order to encourage further opportunities for the business
- Liaising with key stakeholders in other internal departments effectively
- Producing quotes, arranging schedules and ensuring client is kept up to date on progress
- Identifying risk and escalating as appropriate
- Other duties which may from time to time be required
- Experience within the translation and localisation industry
- Competency in working with various file formats or CAT software
- Experience of data analysis and reporting
- Experience of objection handling
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to balance short-term need with strategic aims
- Ability to use initiative, proactivity and prioritisation
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally, written and verbal
- Good command of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and IT literate
- Educated to Degree or HND level (preferably language-related)
The Project Manager role requires a professional outlook and an ability to build a good rapport with people. Cooperation and flexibility to match the demands of the business is essential as are the following key personal attributes:
- Commercial awareness
- Commitment to quality and customer service
- Positive and flexible attitude and approach
- Sense of ownership
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Professional conduct at all times
Hours of work: 38.25 hours per week. Shifts to be agreed with line manager to start between 13:00 and 15:00.
Due to the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Apply for Project Manager vacancy
Alternatively, if the above button does not work, please email Bonnie.Sandall@capita.co.uk
Junior Account Manager
The key objective of the account management team is to consolidate spend with existing clients, nurturing the relationship and ensuring spend remains constant and with Capita. Furthermore, there are targets to drive business forward for existing accounts by looking for new avenues, departments and contacts to work with, delivering new language combinations and finding innovative ways to develop the services for client including SEO and audiovisual, etc
- Consolidate and guarantee spend from existing accounts that have a regular spend with CTI, in the region of £10k-£50k per annum.
- Business development through new departments, service offerings and services
- Prepare and present business reviews either face-to-face or via webex
- Nurture relationship with key stakeholders
- Regular calls and visits as required
- On site visits to ensure smooth operation
- Account retention
- Monitor and strive for improvements in margin, quality and processes
- Close collaboration with all departments within service delivery
- Lead internal client team meetings and external catch up calls with client
- Drive quality, innovation, customer service, culture throughout the account
- Report on KPIs to client and rest of Account Management team
- Work closely with Capita Sales Manager to ensure a smooth transition from sales to account management
- Work to resolves any issues or complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner, liaising with the relevant departments to do so
- Strong communication skills, both internally and externally, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish relationships and rapport quickly and nurture these over time
- Attention to detail
- Strong team work ethic but also able to work independentl
- Good understanding of, or experience within, the localisation industry
- This role requires a professional outlook and an ability to build a good rapport with people. Cooperation and flexibility to match the demands of the business is essential.
- The role is based in our Greater Manchester office: Delph, Oldham, OL3 5FZ
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 08:15 until 17:00 or 08:45 until 17:30 and Friday 08:15 until
16:30 or 08:45 until 17:00.
- Due to the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake
other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
- Ability and willingness to travel to visit clients
- Reports directly to Head of Account Management
- Work alongside Service Delivery, Quality Manager, and Vendor Management
Apply for Junior Account Manager vacancy
Alternatively, if the above button does not work, please email email@example.com
Internships and work experience for students
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work experience placements available within a variety of departments throughout the year. Placements range from a minimum of 3 months up to a maximum of 6 months, and are ideal for language or business students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please note none of our placements will include translation or interpreting tasks, they are all business support roles.
We offer placements in the following departments:
- Commercial Account Management
- Project Management
- You are only eligible to apply for a placement with us if it is required of you as part of your studies/course.
- All placements are unpaid.
- Students must be at least 16 to work with us.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office. We do not offer placements in our London office.
- We are only able to schedule placements up to 6 months in advance, so please do not contact us before this time.
For more information, or to apply for an internship, click the below button.
Apply for an internship
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form