As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have 3 years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words. Start the application process and our team will be in touch if you meet our requirements.
Apply to be a translator
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
We’re also recruiting interpreters for our remote service, LiveLINK. Where you can provide video and telephone interpreting from the comfort of your home.
Apply to be a face to face interpreter
Apply to be a remote interpreter (LiveLINK)
Technical Content Producer
Capita Translation and Interpreting (Capita TI) are looking for a Technical Content Producer, who will form part of the Marketing team.
The Technical Content Producer reports into the Digital Marketing Manager and is responsible for creating and managing client-facing content, specifically, bids, proposals and request for information, for both private and public sector customers and prospects.
The Technical Content Producer will help to support client relationship building, maintain the Capita TI brand and tone of voice across a variety of communications, and assist with lead generation and client nurturing.
- Provide the Sales teams with content support, producing proposals and presentations for the customer.
- Working closely with the Graphic Designer, using visuals to support and portray written content.
- Plan, research, write and edit documents from conception to delivery.
- Convey technical ideas, concepts and procedures in clear, concise and accurate English.
- Manipulate text and images to create well-structured documentation that is easily absorbed by the target user.
- Gather information by studying existing technical content, interviewing subject matter experts, and compiling internal reporting.
- Reviewing the process of document creation, reviewing how documents are compiled and produced, suggesting improvements and implementing agreed changes.
- Reviewing and managing the ‘KnowledgeBase’ and marketing collateral, ensuring the content library is up to date, relevant and in line with brand guidelines/tone of voice.
- Working closely with the Language Solutions team, creating specialised content aimed at mature localisation buyers.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing team with creation and production of blogs, videos, whitepapers, podcasts, infographics and case studies.
- Researching the language services industry, identifying trends and market updates to communicate to the company.
- Proofreading content, supporting internal teams.
- Opportunity to develop into a Content or Bid Manager in the future.
- Excellent communications and written skills
- Attention to detail and an expert eye for accuracy in written form
- Excellent organisational skills
- Educated to degree of HND level
- Good command of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and IT literate
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of content management in a previous role
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in the language service industry
- Experience/knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint & Office 365
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional conduct at all times
- Ability to build rapport and negotiate
- Enthusiasm, positive approach, energy and passion
- Positive and flexible attitude and approach
- Sense of ownership
- Commercial awareness
- Drive and determination to succeed
- The role is based in our Greater Manchester office: Delph, Oldham, OL3 5FZ
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 08:15 until 17:00 or 08:45 until 17:30 and Friday 08:15 until
16:30 or 08:45 until 17:00.
- Due to the changing nature of our business you will, from time to time, be required to undertake
other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Apply for Technical Content Producer vacancy
Alternatively, if the above button does not work, please email Fiona.Brindle@capita.co.uk
Internships and work experience for students
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work experience placements available within a variety of departments throughout the year. Placements range from a minimum of 3 months up to a maximum of 6 months, and are ideal for language or business students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please note none of our placements will include translation or interpreting tasks, they are all business support roles.
We offer placements in the following departments:
- Commercial Account Management
- Project Management
- You are only eligible to apply for a placement with us if it is required of you as part of your studies/course.
- All placements are unpaid.
- Students must be at least 16 to work with us.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office. We do not offer placements in our London office.
- We are only able to schedule placements up to 6 months in advance, so please do not contact us before this time.
For more information, or to apply for an internship, click the below button.
Apply for an internship
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form