As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have 3 years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words. Start the application process and our team will be in touch if you meet our requirements.
Apply to be a translator
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
Apply to be an interpreter
Service Delivery Coordinator
This multi-skilled role is primarily to handle the vast majority of inbound and outbound customer and supplier contacts and handle the cost-effective matching of customer interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, in a way that maximises resource utilisation and profitability. The role will involve liaison with interpreters linked to your allocated languages and you will be responsible for ensuring that any specific information relating to the assignment is identified and communicated.
Our Service Delivery Coordinator position is based within our Public Services Division which provides interpreting and related services to public sector and private sector clients between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday. The Service Delivery Coordinators support the service by providing a ‘one stop shop’ for all customer and supplier queries: handling inbound calls and emails in respect of interpreter bookings, matching interpreter bookings with suitable linguist resources, keeping our customers and suppliers updated and informed and by handling any issues that arise during the assignment process.
- Handle incoming calls and emails from customers and suppliers
- Allocate appropriately tiered interpreters to assignments in line with customer service level agreements
- Ensuring that interpreter costs are commercially viable for all projects
- Ensure that accurate updates are made to the system to enable a thorough audit trail to be completed for all assignments
- Effectively communicate to suppliers to ensure they are briefed and ready to deliver services at their assignments
- Provide thorough updates to customers regarding the status of their interpreter booking
- Deliver excellent assigning solutions that meet the quality objectives of the department at all times
- Work with the rest of the operational support teams to ensure the efficiency of our service
- Escalate any issues to a Senior Team Member where appropriate and in a prompt manner
- Meet or exceed role objectives at all times
- To be willing and flexible to support other functional areas of the department as needed
- Ensure that the service you deliver is in line with Service Delivery Coordinator Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure that departmental processes and procedures are adhered to
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and an ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly responsive to call centre requirements and to customer needs
- Good time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to assess workload, prioritise and organise self
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and possessing a high standard of personal performance
- Good administrative skills
- Has a proactive approach to customer service
- Experience of undertaking administration work accurately
- Customer Service Experience
- Knowledge of Data Protection Principles
- Experience handling sensitive information
- Experience in complaint handling
- Experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Experience of working with interpreters (desirable)
- Experience of managing suppliers (desirable)
Please send CVs and a cover letter to Vicki.Burns@capita.co.uk
Internships and work experience
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work experience placements available within a variety of departments throughout the year. Placements range from 1 month up to 4 months, and are ideal for language or business students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
We are unable to offer any placements within our translation or interpreting departments, due to strict vetting procedures. We can however offer placements in the following departments:
- Commercial Sales
- Account Management
- Project Management
- Language Solutions
If you’re unsure about what the above might entail, why not check out our “a day in the life of…” blog posts below to get a better idea about what these jobs involve:
- All placements are unpaid.
- Students must be at least 16 to work with us.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office. We do not offer placements in our London office.
- Some placements (for example Project Management) are for a minimum of a 3 month period.
- We are only able to schedule placements up to 6 months in advance, so please do not contact us before this time.
You can also read a bit about the experience of our previous interns below:
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form