As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are always on the lookout for new talent to join our teams of freelance translators and interpreters, as well as in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London. As a global organisation, we also welcome applicants for in-house roles looking to work remotely, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
We are a global language services provider, combining innovative people & technology to enable our customers to communicate with anyone, anywhere.
We create better outcomes by breaking down language barriers in global businesses, healthcare, blue light services and other public services.
We’re transparent, demonstrating open-communication, integrity, trust and compliance.
We’re forward-thinkers, developing and using cutting-edge technology to unlock value.
We put our customers first, building partnerships and relationships that deliver unique services.
We focus on quality with our experienced staff, linguists and partners.
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have 3 years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words. Start the application process and our team will be in touch if you meet our requirements.
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
We’re also recruiting interpreters for our remote service, LiveLINK. Where you can provide video and telephone interpreting from the comfort of your home.
· Analyse linguistic requirements and strategy for client projects
· Provide support in quoting, pricing, and scheduling
· Assist with creation and maintenance of glossaries, translation memories and style guides as required
· Act as chief liaison in interface with client terminologists, reviewers, and localization support staff
· Take the lead on linguistic issues at client / project meetings.
· Collaborate with other language leads in resolving issues that affect all project languages
· Act as a linguistic contact for clients to address linguistic feedback and communicate with Vendor Management / Language Leads
· Implement and support linguistic query management solutions, evaluating internal and external tools
· Implement and support linguistic QA solutions and workflows, evaluating internal and external tools
· Evaluate and improve internal processes and systems for language asset management – namely TMs, Terminology and Style Guides
· Work closely with Service Delivery and Vendor Management to define language quality requirements and management
· Support Language Technology team by analysing language requirements and input for new products
· Participate in continuous improvement activities with a particular focus on language tasks and quality.
· Industry Observatory of new language quality methods and tools
· Perform 3rd party tools research as needed
· Attend Product Development meetings and propose additional product concepts or improvement ideas
– 3-5 years of experience in a similar function
– Thorough experience and knowledge of localisation from an operational perspective
– Good understanding of CAT tools and Language Technologies
– Enthusiastic about the Language Industry and new technologies
– Be analytical, methodical, quality oriented, with close attention to detail
– Impeccable communication skills, both internally and externally, written and verbal
– Strong team work ethic but also able to work independently and liaise with Senior Management
– Technical know-how around CAT tools, MT, TMS, API connectivity and general IT competency
– Previous experience with MT and post-editing processes
If the above button does not work, please send your CV to CTI-HRAdmin@capita.co.uk
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work experience placements available within a variety of departments throughout the year. Placements range from a minimum of 3 months up to a maximum of 6 months, and are ideal for language or business students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please note none of our placements will include translation or interpreting tasks, they are all business support roles.
We offer placements in the following departments:
For more information, or to apply for an internship, click the below button.
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form