As a vibrant and rapidly growing language services provider, we are always on the lookout for the most talented people to join our growing team.
We are looking for people to join our database of freelance translators and interpreters and also have in-house opportunities, based in our offices in Manchester and London.
Register as a freelance translator
In order to provide translation services for Capita TI you will be required to have three years’ translation experience or to have professionally translated 100,000 words.
Register as a translator
Register as a freelance interpreter
At Capita TI we require interpreters with various levels of expertise, the qualifications that we typically require will vary from Community Interpreting Level 3 to DPSI level.
Our interpreting jobs take place across the UK and in various languages – so your location and languages could be in demand.
Register as an interpreter
We are currently recruiting for the following in-house positions:
We are looking for 2 Project Managers (1 x day shift, 1 x night shift) to be based in our Oldham offices. The key objective of the Project Manager is to successfully manage multiple clients’ translation projects end to end as part of the Translation Service Delivery Department, liaising with key stakeholders as necessary.
- Managing complex projects for corporate and public sector clients ensuring quality delivery on time and in budget
- Monitoring and measuring the progress of projects and accounts and preparing reports to effectively communicate the outcome
- Taking ownership of projects to drive the accounts forward and proactively streamline processes to increase efficiency
- Troubleshooting and analysing root cause in order to initiate improvements
- Liaising with suppliers, technical teams and other resources as necessary
- Negotiating with suppliers at both project and account level to achieve the best possible results for the business
- Organising and coordinating quality processes as required
- Working to KPIs and increasing gross and net profit
- Maintaining records as required and adhering to ISO procedure and requirements
- Ensuring customer requirements are met and best practice is advised and implemented
- Building relationships with clients and providing a high level of customer service
- Liaising with key stakeholders in Service Delivery, Development, Sales and Marketing and effectively managing expectations
- Liaising with the Sales department to win new business
- Producing quotes, arranging schedules and ensuring client is kept up to date on progress
- Representing the company in a professional manner to all internal and external stakeholders and clients as applicable
- Identifying risk and escalating as appropriate
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to balance short-term need with strategic aims
- Ability to use initiative, proactivity and prioritisation
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and IT literate
- Good telephone manner
- Educated to Degree or HND level (preferably language-related)
- 2+ years previous experience in the same or a similar role, such as customer service or business management
- Experience within the translation and localisation industry
- Competency in working with various file formats or CAT software
- Experience of data analysis and reporting
- Experience of objection handling
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Personal Attributes
The Project Manager role requires a professional outlook and an ability to build a good rapport with people. Cooperation and flexibility to match the demands of the business is essential as are the following key personal attributes:
- Positive and flexible attitude and approach
- Commitment to quality and customer service
- Sense of ownership
- Commercial awareness
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Professional conduct at all times
Apply for Project Manager role
Legal Account Manager
We are looking for a London-based Account Manager to work closely with our legal clients, including all 5 of the UK’s largest Magic Circle law firms.
We will be working together to nurture and grow our existing contracts and oversee the relationship and performance together with our Legal and Financial Service Delivery and Language Solutions teams.
- Experience of working within the legal sector
- Driven by customer service excellence
- An interest in languages
- Understands the complexities of litigation and e-Discovery processes
- Track record and references within large Law Firms based in London
Apply for the Legal Account Manager role
Business Development Manager
This is an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre candidate to join an ambitious, driven and focused team working for a rapidly expanding company in the multi-billion dollar translation industry. The primary responsibility of this role will be to grow new business contacts within a given industry sector. The successful candidate will be target driven and will receive a salary and commission structure that reflects the responsibility of this role. The candidate will be expected to generate their own new leads, as well as respond to enquiries from potential new customers in their industry sector.
- Drive language service sales
- Map organisations to engage with key stakeholders, decision makers and influencers
- Develop and maintain pipelines for business expansion whilst delivering revenue growth
- With a focus on new business development, the candidate is expected to generate and qualify leads and respond to customer enquiries
- Be innovative in the approach to meet our clients’ needs and objectives
- Strive to work with clients looking for a partner in the localisation industry and develop this partnership from initial contact to contract finalisation
- Target driven, meeting KPI objectives in revenue and margin on a quarterly basis
- Work with project managers in our Service Delivery team and follow up with customers to assure satisfaction
- Work closely with Account Managers and Marketing in company initiatives to drive business development
- Using our customised software, develop a database for contacts, activities, and results
- Self-improvement through organised company training as well as proactive personal development conducted both in and outside of working hours
- Previous experience in a sales role with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Preferable experience in localisation
Email to contact if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships and work experience
Capita TI has a variety of internship and work-experience placements available within a variety of departments. Whether you are interested in Project Management, Sales, Marketing, IT, Account Management, Interpreting Operations or File Engineering, we are able to put a number of students (over the age of 18) within our working environment. Placements range from 1 months up to 4 months, and are ideal for language students looking to gain valuable experience within a professional company.
Please get in touch and we will try to place you in an appropriate team.
- All placements are unpaid
- Working hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Placements are based within our Delph, Greater Manchester office
- Placements within the Project Management team are for a minimum of 3 months
- Placements within the translation and interpreting departments are not available due to strict vetting procedures
Deaf, Deafblind and BSL opportunities
Would you like to provide your Deaf, Deafblind and British Sign Language skills to one of the country’s largest providers of language services to the UK public sector?
We can provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of organisations including health centres, police stations, hospitals, HM Prison Service, law courts, residential homes, local government offices, schools, colleges and universities.
Benefits of working for Capita include:
- Excellent payment rates
- Weekly payments
- The opportunity to develop and grow your own business
- Access to a dedicated website designed to help you to manage your workload
To register, fill in the interpreter registration form